Provided below is a list of web links for behavioral health agencies to help, enhance and/or develop Cultural & Linguistic Competence, Best Practices Programs, and Service Delivery for diverse cultural groups.
Centers of Excellence in Cultural Competence:
Cultural Competence Planning Guide links:
- Cultural Competence Plan Format
- A Patient-Centered Guide to Implementing Language Access Services in Healthcare Organizations
- The Role of Self Assessment in Achieving Cultural Competence
Cultural Competence Organizational Assessment links:
- Cultural Competency: Measurement as a Strategy for Moving Knowledge into Practice in State Mental Health Systems Final Report, September 2004
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Policy Assessment (CLCPA)
- The Joint Commission: “Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, and Patient-and Family-Centered Care- A Roadmap for Hospitals”
Cultural Competence Program/ Service Assessment links:
- Cultural Competency Assessment Scale with Instructions. Outpatient Service Delivery Agency Level, June 2004
- Toolkit for Modifying Evidence Based Practices to Increase Cultural Competence
Cultural Competence Individual Assessment links:
- We discuss the inclusion of cultural assessment in the DSM-5, including through the Cultural Formulation Interview (CFI) , a 16-item questionnaire designed to elicit information about a patient's culture and how it influences treatment.
- City-Wide Cultural Assessment (CCA) Manual
Mental Health Professionals:
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency: Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Behavioral Health Services and Supports to Children, Youth and their Families
Mental Health Service & Support Professionals:
- Promoting Cultural & Linguistic Competency Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Services and Supports In Early Intervention and Early Childhood Settings
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Services and Supports to Children with Disabilities & Special Health Needs and their Families
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Bureau of Cultural Competence.