OMH HIPAA Training Program
The NYS Office of Mental Health is mandating delivery of the OMH HIPAA Training Program to each member of its workforce by April 14, 2003. New staff will receive this training when they join OMH. The Training Program consists of three parts:
- 63 minute OMH HIPAA Training Video;
- OMH HIPAA Learning Guide containing Learning Activities which reinforce and relate to the video content; and,
- Supplemental OMH HIPAA Training Materials.
OMH Central Office and Facility staff responsible for the delivery of this training were oriented to the Program and provided with training materials at a session conducted by the OMH Bureau of Education and Workforce Development in Albany on January 27, 2003.
The material provided at the OMH HIPAA Training Program Orientation Session includes the following:
- Orientation Packet Content List
- Orientation Agenda
- HIPAA and OMH Training, Documentation and Reporting Requirements
- OMH HIPAA Training Program Materials:
- Training Video (VHS tape)
- Accompanying Learning Guide
- Video Script (Text Only)
- Video Script (with Graphics)
- Presentation of Slides contained in Video
- Technical Guidance on Training Delivery Options
- Supplemental Materials and Resources excerpted from Learning Guide. (The Supplemental Materials and Resources Listing contains the materials referenced on this page and also includes links to the OMH Privacy Liaison Functional Description and OMH Information Security Liaison Functional Description.)
Special Note: As new materials are developed or as updates are made, they will be identified and added to this Supplemental Materials and Resources section.
- OMH Privacy and Preemption Analysis
- OMH Employee HIPAA Awareness Brochure (English | Español)
- CD-ROM containing Training Video, Accompanying Learning Guide, Video Script, Power Point Slide Presentation….and more
The OMH HIPAA Training Program is copyrighted by OMH. OMH will permit reproduction or use of the material for educational purposes provided that it is not used for commercial gain.
This training material was prepared for internal use by the NYS Office of Mental Health (the "State") and its employees and was not intended to serve as legal advice to any other individuals or entities. The State expressly disclaims: (a) any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein; and, (b) any responsibility of liability to third parties who may rely upon it. Individuals and entities who wish legal advice are advised to consult their own attorneys.
The NYS Office of Mental Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation in the admission to, access to, or employment in its programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request.
Inquiries concerning the OMH HIPAA Training Program may be directed to the
OMH Bureau of Education and Workforce Development
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
Attention: OMH HIPAA Training Program
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Office of the Counsel.