The 2013 Patient Characteristics Survey (PCS)
The PCS is the only OMH data source that contains client-level demographic, clinical, and service information across all public mental health service programs. Due to an exceptional level of cooperation and participation from service providers, the PCS has proved to be a reliable resource for helping to manage New York State's public mental health system, complying with federal reporting requirements, and assisting local governments with the mental health services planning process.
This page provides a reference for the training sessions and manuals used during data collection. Data collection for the 2013 Survey starts in the spring of 2013 with the Facility Survey and is completed in the fall of that year when all public mental health service agencies describe persons they served during the week of October 21 through October 27 using the PCS web-based application. Most facilities manually enter data into the application's forms, while some facilities elect to extract data from their electronic information systems and upload it to the application.
- Preparing for and Getting Access to the PCS
- 2013* PCS Application (User Identification and Password Required)
- Survey Form (117kb) (for informational purposes only)
- Using the PCS application: 2013* User Manual (881kb)
- Guidelines (66kb)
- What's New for 2013
- Using the Data Upload Feature
- Frequently Asked Questions (355kb)
- PCS 2013 Webinar Training [ Presentation Slides ] ( 1.4mb)
Comments or questions about the information on this page can be directed to the Bureau of Data Infrastructure.